You can improve the value of your home for sale in Simcoe and therefore increase your selling price by presenting your home in an attractive way. Let’s talk about how we can make this happen!
Take a step back, and view your property with a critical eye. The photographs are the first thing a potential buyer sees and can influence whether or not they want to come and take a look at your home.
Ask yourself what improvements can I make? How would a potential buyer see my home? Can they easily see themselves living there? What is its curb appeal?
Inside Your Home
- CLEAN, make sure the house is spotless!
- Remove/pack all family photos and religious artifacts that may appear in
pictures of the interior.
- Eliminate clutter and re-arrange to make rooms appear larger.
- Keep the kitchen counter clear and clutter free. Store away all small appliances. Fix imperfections, if needed, and remove magnets from the fridge.
- Replace linens with brand new.
- Ensure bathroom is cleaned (this includes the floor, mirror and counter).
- Replace worn-out lighting.
- Ensure electrical, telephone and cable wires are hidden or barely visible.
- Ensure windows and reflective surfaces on the property are polished.
- For all bedrooms, replace linens with crisp brightly coloured linens and pillow cases and keep end tables free of clutter…think “Hotel-chic”
- For rooms used as an office, ensure desk is cleared of all sensitive documents and kept neat and clutter free.
- Vacuum all floors, carpets and staircases
Outside Your Home
- On the exterior of the property ensure all clutter is removed and hidden away..
Including garbage cans, basketball poles and other distractions.
- Weed the garden and mow the lawn.
- Fix stains or any damages on the driveway. Trim hedges and bushes, if needed.
- Ensure REALTOR and Real estate board signs are placed property after pictures are taken, as having these signs appear on pictures go against MLS listing policies.
- Remove cars from the driveway and park away from the property.
S.A. Hache Royal LePage Brown Realty Brokerage
Featured real estate listing in Simcoe